TODO– A narrative by the gallery for this image is coming soon.
From The Artists
"The Teapot & Painted Dome | In 1899, Theodore Carlton (Carl or T.C.) Schnebly and his wife Sedona Miller Schnebly joined T.C.’s brother, Ellsworth in the Oak Creek Area of Arizona. T. C. Schnebly was an enterprising young man. He had 80 acres with a general store and hotel, which was also his house, where Tlaquepaque and the Los Abrigados resorts are now located. Schnebly saw the need for regular mail service in the little community and organized its first post office. He first suggested the names “Oak Creek Crossing” and “Schnebly Station” to the Postmaster General in Washington. These names were considered too long by the postmaster, so both were rejected. Ellsworth then suggested that Theodore submit the name of his wife, Sedona. Theodore did, and on June 26, 1902, the postmaster approved the name for the community. (Source - City of Sedona" ~Jason Robert O'Kennedy